Friday, December 4, 2009

Nestle's a cat. That explains a lot.

I finally figured it out. Over the weekend, Louise let Nestle sit on the front lawn while she (Louise) raked leaves. Nestle played in the leaf pile for a while, then she stretched out between the two shrubs. She didn't have on a leash, which didn't seem to concern Louise at all. She even licked herself for a little while.

Then it hit me: Nestle must be a cat.

I mean, that's what cats do! They get to use the streets & sidewalks as their personal runways, then plop down & make themselves comfortable wherever they please. Just like Nestle did on the grass.

I'm *never* allowed outside without a leash. I'm told I "can't be trusted" & that I'll run off or get hit by a car or plow through people's backyard barbecues & badminton games or something. Just because I went on a little exploratory jaunt shortly after we moved in.

I was just trying to meet the neighbors.

Nestle even SMELLS like a cat after she's had her tablespoon of fish oil in the evenings.

I must have been blind these past 2 years. Well, it's high time I woke up & smelled the Fancy Feast. I mean, what normal, red-blooded dog would calmly walk beside his people in the front yard or down to the corner to the mailbox? I can't imagine such a thing.

I wonder why they never trained Nestle to use a litter box….

2 comments:

April B said...

Omg, another reason Nestle is my god-daughter. She is BOTH a dog and a cat!!

April B said...

omg, another reason why Nestle is my god-daughter!! She's BOTH a dog & a cat!!
Thank for figuring that all out for us Bailey.