Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I just wanna sleep under the stars--is that so wrong?

May 17, 2011



I've taken to sleeping in the hall at night in front of the door to the deck. I keep hoping either Thelma or Louise will open the door on her way to the bathroom. I'd love to sleep out there, now that the nighttime temperatures are above 50, but they won't let me. It's very peaceful at night; there are no squirrels, cats or UPS guys to warn people about. I like to stretch out under the stars and snooze. Until I've had enough & want to come inside. But, since everyone is asleep, I have to bark & let them know I'm ready. Sometimes they're sleeping deeply & I have to bark again. And again. Louise gets particularly annoyed by this & refuses to let me onto the deck. This is unfair. And she won't keep the door open so I can come & go as I please b/c it's "too cold." I know, right? I don't like summer, but at least she relaxes when it's warm outside at night & lets me do what I want. I shouldn't have to wait, tho.

No comments: